The Mauritius Chinese Association of Ontario (MCAO) is a not for profit organization that was established in 2001 by a group of elderly Chinese from Mauritius for the purpose of carrying out cultural and recreational activities which are beneficial to its members and the Mauritian Chinese Hakka community and to promote harmonious relationship with other communities in Canada.
It was incorporated in 2004 with the following objectives:
- To establish and operate a centre for cultural and recreational activities,
- To preserve and perpetuate the traditions of Chinese Hakka community,
- To sponsor literacy, musical,educational,and cultural events,
- To promote harmonious relationship with other communities in Canada,
- To mutually aid and assist each other with particular considerations to seniors.